Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Record of the Week

... You should not be angry if all she wants is your money. You should not be angry 'cause all you want is her body. Your love is a fast song and I'm dancing 'cause I'm loved again. My heart is in motion for the rhythm inside you. Your love is a slow song. It's resounding through my world again. My heart is in motion for the song inside of you.

This is the first installment of "Record of the Week". The coveted award this week goes to Copeland for their latest effort In Motion. For those of you unfamiliar with this band I think it is high time that change. These guys have mastered the art of seemlessly weaving passionate, artful lyrics in and out of fluid, melodic rock 'n roll. Voices and instruments melt into one single, powerful musical force that will have you singing along without even knowing. Their first full length Beneath Medicine Tree is also a record worth owning. It was what won me over and made me a believer in this band. The new record is the next step in a continual musical evolution for these guys. If you're a fan of powerful melodies, multiple part harmonies and slightly left of the middle rhythms then you should check these guys out. You can find them here. Or listen at myspace or purevolume.

Enjoy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home