Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dr. Marvin, I wakeboard ...

... I'm a wakeboarder. That's what I do. I wakeboard.

I bought my first wakeboard tonight. I made the leap from skis to the board last summer but since I only got to go out a few times I just borrowed boards. One of the added benefits of being in the Dallas area is the resource of family and friends with boats to take out on the many area lakes.
I ended the summer last year with a wipe out that nearly left me with a concussion and definitely left me without my senses for a few seconds so hopefully I'll start things off this season a little better than they ended last year. This Sunday we hit the water for the first time. Will still be a little chilly in the water but if George Costanza can handle it then so can I.

In an unrelated incident I was in a very nice part of North Dallas today. While driving along I saw an H2 directly ahead of me, a Mercedes to the right and a Jaguar on the left as I cruised along in my mini van. Nothing like that scene to make me feel like a real man. I'm thinking of getting a soccer sticker for the back window that says my imaginery child's name and number on the team. Maybe a "My kid's an honor student at ... " sticker for the bumper.

Anyone watch that show on MTV about Travis Barker and his wife. I think that guy's really cool except for one part in the intro to the show. She sort of introduces Travis and then he introduces her. He says she's a loving wife and great mom which I'm sure is true. Then he says she was Miss America (I think). And then he refers to her as a very talented actress as they show a scene of her in some bike cop tv show she did a while back. That's like showing clips from my high school basketball days and then claiming I could play in the NBA. Give me a break. Other than that, Travis, you're cool and please continue to quench my thirst for more MTV reality television. P.S. - The Transplants are cool but don't forget the band that's writing the checks.

Speaking of MTV reality, did anyone ever watch that show Laguna Beach. I'll say this ... they didn't make 'em like that at my high school. My life is so far away from that place that I cannot even fathom these kids being real people doing real things. And was anyone else annoyed by Steven's girlfriend saying his name over and over. No one at my high school ever went for sushi most likely because we didn't even know it existed. But you have to remember that I grew up in a suburb of a suburb of a suburb.

Finally, if you're board at work or home and want some good stuff to check out go to www.hundredyearstorm.com and check these guys out. It's hard for me to sound objective when referring to friends but trust me, these guys are making good music these days. So if you like experimental rock 'n roll have yourself a listen or better yet, go see a show when they come to your town.

P.S. can someone tell me what happened on The O.C. tonight. I think it was the season finale and I missed it. I guess I need to work on getting my priorities straight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude the OC -- got nuts... marissa shot ryan's brother, kerstin (mom) is sent to the rehab hospital, and the coopers are getting back together... -- thanks for the plug and by the way we're playing FT. Worth - the door on june 23...
brandon -

3:00 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

I'll be there. Feel free to stay the night here if you want.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home