Thursday, June 28, 2007

SERIOUSLY???

In case no one noticed ... it's summertime and schools are not in session. But for some reason the school zone light near my house always blinks from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m and from 3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. What's the protocol on something like this? Are you still supposed to go from 40 mph down to the marked 20 mph? I usually split the difference at around 30 mph. I guess I got my answer today. No, I didn't get a ticket. But there was a police car set up to catch people as they came up over a hill inside the school zone. Luckily there were others in front of me that I saw slowing down. But seriously, is this all our police officers have to do? The guy is trying to catch people speeding in a school zone when school is freakin' out for the summer. Go figure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer school. They put signs in Dallas county that tell you summer school is happening.

They way I figure it, if you're in summer school, you probably like to live a little dangerously anyway. So I say turn off those lights, roll the dice punks.

8:09 PM  
Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

it's madness. today i hit a school zone somewhere on hwy 67 coming back from Dublin.

we only had to slow to 35 mph. i guess country kids have to run across highways faster than city kids who get 20 mph.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home