Monday, May 23, 2005

Early Summer Heat Wave

Nothing like getting a sunburn on 75% of your body and then having to put on dress clothes and go work all day long. I think I may have passed out at some point today from the pain of sunburned feet rubbing the inside of leather shoes. Take the sunburn and add the muscle soreness from the first time boarding this summer and it would be a safe assumption to say my day could have been better.

Seriously though, what was up with this freakin' heat? I tend to watch the weather about once a week and they said it would be 92 degrees on Saturday and 90 on Sunday. Somehow that changed to 98 and 99 respectively. How can you miss that bad? They are still requiring meteoroligists to obtain some sort of degree in that field before giving them the job right?

So on Saturday I helped some friends move in the morning and then went to the 3:05 baseball game between the Rangers and Astros. I've never seen so many people with backs and butts that were soaking wet. It's amazing to see the misery we go through in the name of fun. I'm reminded of everyone I've ever seen at Six Flags. No one ever smiles there and yet they must think it's fun because they drop hundreds of dollars to get the family in and they keep coming back. I was always more a fan of Wet 'N Wild myself.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something about the Ranger game. My friend Jason and I went to the game and it turned out our seats were under the overhang on the first deck in the shade. Obviously there was someone already sitting there since we arrived a little late. We told them they had our seats and then asked where there's were. They said on the front row right by third base. We thought briefly if we were up to braving the sun for good seats and then proceded to make the trade. I was 30 feet from Hank Blalock and could reach out and tough the tarp. We were the first group of seats right after the Astros dugout. Apparently the seats belong to the former mayor of Arlington who was in office when they built the stadium. It was well worth enduring a little heat to see the game that close. It was like watching them play on a high school field.

Okay, enough rambling for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home