Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A New Smoke Free Work Environment

Well folks, I've been making a few changes around here lately. After 6 months of peddling black lung to the masses I've accepted a position with another company. I am now an account executive with IKON Office Solutions in the McKinney, TX area and just finished my second day on the job. It was so refreshing to read the new employee handbook and find a paragraph about how you cannot smoke in company facilities. You can actually see all the way across my new office without having to squint through a cloud of cigarette smoke. So if you can't tell, I'm excited about my new lot in life and am hoping things work out well. At the moment I'm a little on the nervous side as I took a small base salary pay cut. Commission opportunities range from good to lucrative but things could be a little tight around here for a couple of months until I get the hang of things. So if you see me using the credit card at McDonald's you'll know why. Food and drink will gladly be accepted and the favor will hopefully be returned in 4 to 6 months if all goes well.

So I just wanted to pass on the news. Any of you who may have considered my past affiliation to cause some sort of moral inferiority can rest easily tonight. No more menthol cigarettes. No more sales calls in seedy convenient stores. No more store owners telling me God will punish me if I cheat them.(actually that remains to be seen) No more mini van. And no more funny looks when I tell people what I do for a living.

So now you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home