Monday, October 10, 2005

THOUGHTS

Did you know there is a national championship for jump roping? I just caught the end of the telecast but apparently you have a team and you do a routine which you are judged on. Personally I would just have them jump until they passed out. Last person standing wins. Anyone else a big fan of the Burger King commercials? When the first one came out where the guy wakes up, rolls over and finds "The King" laying in his bed starring at him I thought I would lose it. How creepy is that guy? I think my favorite is still the one where the king intercepts a pass in that NFL game and highsteps it into the endzone for the touchdown. Honorable mentions to pushing Brooke Burke in the giant swing and the new one where he's helping a steel work put together pieces many stories up on the beams of a new high rise. The king pushes the guy like he's trying to make him fall, then they both burst into laughter over a couple cups of "turbo" coffee. Which brings me to this ... isn't the chief purpose of coffee to wake people up and/or keep them awake? If so, shouldn't all coffee then be as strong as possible? So when Burger King creates "turbo" coffee shouldn't all other coffees follow suit and make themselves "turbo" as well? And then, wouldn't "turbo" coffee just be regular coffee?

Any Laguna Beach fans? Why do I like that show so much? I love how they live in such a fantasy world. The thing is they will always be in that fantasy world because they can all afford (and by they, I mean their parents) to stay there. And why wouldn't they? Tonight was prom at Laguna Beach High. One of the girls apparently dressed a little too sluty ... go figure ... and was accused of looking too "inland Orange County". What the hell does that mean? How big is Orange County that there can be totally different looks for each part of it. I saw this girl at Chick Fil-A in McKinney the other day and she looked so "southern Collin County". She was so out of place and all the high school kids made fun of her.

Who saw the Cowboys make the Eagles their woman yesterday? Where did that come from? And if you were wanting to see a good pimp slapping this past weekend I hope you watched the A&M game Saturday night in Colorado. I think Boulder is an unbelievable town and vow to go there when A&M plays the Buffs up there, which is once every four years. So glad I didn't have the money or time to make that trip this year. The Aggies haven't won there since 1997 when I of course was present. We also haven't beaten Texas period since 1999 and things are not looking up for that to change anytime soon. I hate it when that happens.

Anyone been to Boston? I'm going to be there on Saturday night. I'll only have that one afternoon and night so if anyone has suggestions on what to do/see in such a short period of time let me know. I'm leaving for Maine on Thursday morning. My flight is at 6:37. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the airport. Do you know what time I'm going to have to get up that morning? It will not be pretty my friend.

My sister and brother-in-law got a dog at the beginning of the summer. It's a great dog but for some reason it eats everything it comes across. Plastic, paper, nails, ants, throw up ... you name it, it's probably eaten it. Why do dogs do this? It's so weird to me. I always think that a human would never do anything like that. Then some friends came over this weekend and their daughter ate ashes out of my fireplace. I have a new found respect for the dog and for the child who really seemed to like the soot. I tried it after they left and I really don't see the appeal. To the parents, I hope your child is okay and no worries about the carpet. It cleaned right up. You're welcome anytime as long as you promise to only eat actual food.

Well, I think that's all I'm thinking about for now. A pleasant evening to you all ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig,
I was trying to find an email here at work and came across the link for your blog. I absolutely love it. Keep up the good work! I look forward to talking with you soon.
Take care--Edward Endicott

7:13 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Hey man, glad you're enjoying it. Hope you and the wife are doing well.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home