Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ramblings

I finally got lights up on my house. It's been a real hassle. After all the lights went up on the roof I found out the outside outlets do not work. So I have several cords running underneath various doors to the outside of the house. One day when I was putting the lights up it was really cold outside so I put on my jacket, hat and gloves. It takes a few minutes to get that bundled up so I was irritated to realize I had to go to the bathroom when I finished bundling. Oddly it's not that hard to go with gloves on. And think ... you don't have to wash your hands. Is that weird? Too much information?

The other day I was thinking that if my name was Scott I would totally get people to call me Scooter. Everyone I know named Scott thinks thats a dumb thing for them to be called but I think it's great. Usually you shorten a name. But with this one you just add some stuff to different parts. You don't see that too often. Speaking of shortening a name ... I'd love to have a child named Bob. I would of course call him Bo for short. I went too far with that one didn't I? That was just obsurd.

I met a girl tonight named Jessica. Later on I found out her name was Michelle.

I'm playing a show this weekend if anyone wants to watch. Van Alstyne, TX "Friends of the Library" breakfast. I think there's an opening act. We go on at 11 ... a.m. It's definitely on a different ridiculous scale than some of my former shows. The music should be good though. I'm not banking on a full tip jar though.

Where did they come up with the term "White Elephant" when referring to a gift exchange? I don't get it.

I saw "Blazing Saddles" tonight. I highly recommend it ... unless you're easily offended. It was very funny and inappropriate. My kind of movie.

Did Nick and Jessica really break up?

Who saw LOST lastnight? It was awesome. I've made some new friends this week who thoroughly enjoy discussing the show. They make me feel like it's not so bad being a giant nerd.
One more day of work this week friends. Cheer up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you decide to do with the lights?
FYI: This is my effort to begin commenting on the blog.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Comments ... what a strange phenomenon. As we discussed and Quincy suggested all 3 gables are lit. It took several extension cords and blacking out some lights that overlapped but I got it done. Either tonight or tomorrow night I will tackle the tree in the front yard. I'm no Clark Griswald, but you shouldn't have any trouble seeing at night around here.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home