Thursday, March 20, 2008

THE JOYS OF WIRELESS INTERNET

So if you remember (not that you should) there were a few things last year that really changed my life. And when I say "changed my life" I don't necessarily mean it in the "meeting the woman I'll marry" sort of way. That is an experience that belongs in its own category and me ever comparing it to what I'm about to speak to will no doubt have me spending my nights on the couch at some point in my life. I'm talking strictly functional changes to this life of mine in this post. So last year it was Netflix (which turned into Blockbuster online) and DVR. These things literally changed the way I do life. I no longer scheduled my evenings around what was on television. I could finally do whatever I wanted on any night of the week and within a couple of hours that would have been wasted anyways, I can be completely caught up on the week's television. And what about all those television shows that have long since aired that I never got to watch? That's where blockbuster online comes in. I'm currently somewhere in the middle of season 5 of West Wing right now. I have watched seasons 1-4 already along with seasons 1-4 of 24 and of course countless movies. And they take the payment straight from my checking account every month so unless I really think about it I feel like it's pretty much free.

So what could I add to my lineup of technology this year to make my life more streamlined and enjoyable? How about a healthy dose of wireless internet. That's right folks. For the first time ever, I'm writing from the chair in my living room while I watch the NCAA tournament. I feel like I'm the last person around to get wireless and man have I been missing out. Anyways, all that just to let you know that I'm really enjoying the wireless internet experience here at the house. So between the wireless and the 32" flat screen LCD I bought for my bedroom earlier in the year, I'd say 2008 is off to a great start in the technology upgrades department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home