Sunday, May 29, 2005

Flugtag

Anyone ever heard of this? I've seen it several times on INHD and it is the most bizarre thing I've seen in a long time. Apparently in German it means "flying day" but the lovely people at Red Bull have created or at least cashed in on a whole new phenomenon in the states. So here is what I know about Flugtag ...

... teams create a sort of "flying machine" although none of them are actually made to fly. They are usually some sort of creative aparatus that may or may not have wings. The team members usually wear costumes of some sort and then when it is their turn to show off their creation they push it as fast as they can with a team member at the helm down a long platform that is 30 ft above a body of water. They run the machine off the end where it crashes into the water below along with all team members. They are judged on certain criteria and a winner is declared at the end of the day.

Here is the website. www.redbullflugtagusa.com

I don't think it actually does the whole ordeal justice (you should see it on tv) but it's a start. I welcome any experiences with or comments on this.

I was going to post some pictures of this stuff but I'll do it later when I figure out how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home