Saturday, July 30, 2005

Relationships 101

I went to see my friend Jeremy and his band play a show lastnight. I've known this girl for a long time and recently thought to myself that I might like to ask her on a date. Instead of saying, "do you want to go on a date with me?" I just skirt around it by asking her on friendly outings which would be fine but we've been friends for 6 years and at some point enough is enough. So I asked her on a "friend outing" to see the show lastnight. She said no.

So I go to the show by myself and at one point I went outside to make a phone call. While outside I noticed a very attractive girl sitting down by herself. Whenever I looked at her she would smile at me. I finish my phone call and proceed to go back inside. As she is sitting close to the door I pass very close to her on my way in. She looks me in the eyes and smiles again. I smile and just walk on in. During the next band's performance she ends up standing right in front of me. I find that she is turning around and smiling more than the average person smiles while looking at me. In my head I'm saying to myself, "why don't you talk to her you moron?" Later on I looked around for her but she was gone. My chance was over.

Why did I not ask the first girl what I really wanted to ask? Why didn't I talk to the beautiful girl who was smiling at me? I don't know. I guess for the same reason Peter, Michael and Samir work at Initech.

So lesson number 1 is don't do what I do.

In a somewhat related story my friend Jeremy is now playing guitar for a guy named Jonathan Clay. It was his show I was at lastnight. The music is very John Mayer-ish which (sorry Jeremy) I'm not really into but if anyone likes that sort of thing or just wants to make fun of Jeremy you can check them out at the following:

www.myspace.com/jonathanclay

www.jonathanclay.com

Also, my garage door opener finally works. The guy who fixed it was here from 9:00 to 12:00 tonight. Classic McClain Saturday night. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully my self esteem will be higher tomorrow. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home