Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Rear Window

That movie is called "Rear Window" and it stars Grace Kelly alongside Jimmy Stewart. By the way, as a person who wasn't alive in the 50's or 60's I've heard a lot of hype from old people about Grace Kelly. Turns out they were right. So this is my movie suggestion to you all. They are releasing a lot of Hitchcock's movies on dvd now so it's easier to get your hands on them.

Another media suggestion for those of you in the DFW area is to tune into 95.3 The Range. I rarely listen to radio because I think they play awful music most of the time. That goes for rock and country which are the two general genres I enjoy. For instance, I was listening to the local alternative rock station here in Dallas the other day and noticed they were playing most of the same songs they played when I listened to that station in high school. It wasn't that flashback lunch thing either. Anyways, the point is I usually listen to cd's but unfortunately my beast of a van does not have a cd player so I'm forced to entertain myself with radio all day long. I've been listening to a lot of talk radio but need some music from time to time. A good friend suggested 95.3 and I'm hooked. They play really old traditional country mixed with contemporary Texas singer/songwriter country. They play songs other than the "singles" released to radio which also allows for variety. Today I heard Willie Nelson singing a reggae song with Toots Mayhal (I think that's how you spell the lastname). How many times will you hear that on any other station? So for some a change move it over to 95.3.

Speaking of radio, I mentioned I listen to some talk radio but it usually is FM talk radio so it lacks a little substance. Any suggestions on good AM talk radio in the DFW area? I get a van with a cd player in 3 months but until then I must be entertained by radio. Might as well make the best of it. (Crap ... I was trying to make it all the way through this post without ending a sentence with a preposition. I hate bad grammar.) Okay, MTV time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure if it's your thing, but you might try NPR.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home