Sunday, March 23, 2008

DESMOND AND JESUS

Anyone watch LOST? Well, you should. And if you do then you of course know of the character Desmond. Boyfriend of Penny. Encourager of Jack. Friend of Charlie. Crashed on the island while on a boat race around the world.

So this morning Meg and I went to church with my parents and for part of the service the choir sang songs while video played on the large projection screen. It was typical Easter sunday video footage of the crucifixion and resurrection. I happened to be paying more attention to the choir rather than the video so I noticed nothing out of the ordinary about the video. But several songs into this presentation Meg all of a sudden grabs my arm very tightly as if she's just been shocked by something she's seen. I look over and she's trying very hard not to just die laughing during the middle of the service. Then she leans over and quietly whispers, "is that Desmond playing Jesus?" And I crap you not ... it was him. We both found it hilarious and it probably didn't help when I leaned over and whispered to her, "you're gonna die Charlie."


So I just thought you should know that Desmond has played Jesus ... perhaps in another life brother.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the visual bible - the gospel of john, to be precise.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home