Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Veggie Tales And It's Apparent Hold On My Psyche

So a few months ago I bought part of a house to fix up and rent/sell. That means, as some of you know, that my weekends are very full and I spend most of my free time at this house working. I was off work yesterday for New Year's so as usual I made my way to the house, grabbed a paintbrush and went to work. Then it happened ...

I had been painting and found a few loose boards around the edge of the house. So I got off the ladder and went inside to get my hammer. Someone had apparently took it from my tool belt to use on another project so a search ensued. As I searched I instinctively began to whistle the following song. Although only the tune came out audibly the words I used were clear as day in my head. It went like this: Oh where is my hammer? Oh where is my hammer? Oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where ...... is my hammer?

The first and only time I've ever watched Veggie Tales was sometime in high school. That was over 10 years ago but somehow that whiny little tomato has some sort of hold over my mind. How can a tomato create such a catchy tune while looking for his hairbrush? I just don't get it. And Christian parents always want better television programming for their children because they feel the stuff out there is infiltrating the minds of their kids. Well I'm here to tell you parents ... Veggie Tales is slowly but surely taking over the world from the inside out. Apparently I've been in its grasp for years and never new it. I'd try to escape but at this point it seems hopeless. I'm broken. And by a talking tomato. God rest my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home