Wednesday, May 10, 2006

MAVS PIMP SLAP THE SPURS

I tell you what. On a tuesday night in May, nothing makes me feel better than seeing the Mavericks dismantle the whiny Spurs like they did lastnight. Now first of all, if there are any Spurs fans reading I first of all question why we are friends. Second of all I question your judgement skills. And third, I tell you to suck it up because I'm about to rail on your team. It could be that the Spurs are worn out from the series with Sacramento. It could be that the Spurs continual whining over calls did not pay off the way it did in game one. But I would argue that lastnights game was a direct result of the Mavericks being the most awesome team ever ... in Texas ... this decade. Devon Harris was inserted into the starting lineup to add some offensive firepower and it paid off big time with Harris scoring 20 points as he dismantled the Spurs interior defense. Josh Howard was unstoppable and Jerry Stackhouse was lighting up that corner 3 pointer all night. Dirk never tried to force shots against the bear hug defense of Bruce Bowen and still scored 20 plus. It was an all around team effort that should convince anyone who watched that the Mavericks are a team with the potential to win it all this year.

Now to the Spurs. What's with all the whining? I know this is nothing new for them, but it just seems like it always gets worse. I wonder who whined first. The team or the fans. Do their fans just assume that all other fans in all other arenas whine the way they do? Just a little fyi to Spurs fans ... most other fans actually know a thing or two about basketball and don't feel the need to cry a river everytime something doesn't go the way that Tim Duncan or Tony Parker wants it to go. Speaking of Tim Duncan, I think that guy is the biggest cry baby off all. I'm trying to remember if David Robinson was ever that way or if he would have kicked Tim's ass for acting like a little girl after every foul. I know Avery Johnson has a strong connection with the Spurs and with Pops but I think he realizes he's part of a much cooler team and organization now.

So enough railing on the Spurs. That game lastnight was awesome though. I don't expect to see that level of embarrassment again in this series as I'm sure the Spurs will regroup and bring their A game on Saturday in Dallas. But I still hold to my prediction that I made to Jeremy of Dallas in 5. We'll see what happens. The next game is in Dallas on Saturday at 4:00 on ESPN I believe. You should check it out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home