Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mavs Mania

Alright, who's pumped about the Mavericks? If you're not on board you had better get there fast my friends. The Mavs beat the crap out of the Memphis Grizzlies lastnight to sweep their first round series. For you non sports or non Mavs fans here are a few tidbits about the series. It was the third playoff series in the history of the Grizzlies franchise. All three trips have been in the last 3 years. As the NBA plays best of 7 series that guarantees they have played at least 12 playoff games over that 3 year span. They have won 0 games and lost 12. That's right. They have never won a playoff game ... having been swept 3 straight years. Until lastnight the Mavericks had never swept a playoff series from another team.

I had the opportunity to go to game 2 of this series in Dallas and the atmosphere in the AAC was amazing. Part of it might have been the fact that I was 7 rows behind the basket so I had a little better perspective and view of what was actually happening on the floor as opposed to if I was sitting up in the rafters where I belong. It also may have been due to the camera that was 3 feet from me putting my entire mug on the jumbo tron. I'm pretty sure my excitement was contagious enough to get the 18,000 people who saw me pumped about the game. I can't take full credit for the Mavs win ... but I sure would hate to see what happened if I hadn't of been on the jumbo tron. I'm just saying ... it could have been bad.

For those of you who live near Central Expressway in Dallas or in the Garland area you should always ride the DART train. What a stroke of genius by the city when they put that in. I got on at the northern most stop, met a certain friend of mine at Mockingbird Station and then we rode the train on down to Victory Station right outside of the AAC. The trip down and back cost me $2.50. No parking, no traffic, very little waiting. I was excited to see the number of people who are using this resource. Reminded me a little of coming and going on the red line to a game at Wrigley. Anyways, that's my plug for DART. Go ride it if you can. Or if you're in Fort Worth and want to come to Dallas just hop on the TRE.

And finally, if you want to support the Mavs by sporting a "Dirk is my Homeboy" T-shirt as seen above then go here to order one. Apparently these are illegal as the sellers do not have permission from Dirk. I've heard members of his family are mad and have already shut down one site that was selling the t-shirts. That is why they have moved to myspace I guess. So get them while you can. They may be gone soon. The Mavs get a little break and then either San Antonio or Sacramento in the second round. Get pumped everybody.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home