Monday, May 15, 2006

WAKEBOARD COMPETITION

My cousin Will entered his first wakeboarding competition a few weeks ago so Allison and I decided to go over to Fort Worth and check it out. My suspicions were immediately comfirmed that we would be well above the average age person in attendance, although we were actually no where near the oldest. Nothing like seeing 40 something moms drinking Miller Lite out of a cooler in the back of their truck while they cheer on their kids. I make fun of the Miller Lite part but I actually love the fact that many parents were there in support of their kids. Wakeboarding has definitely brought watersports into the mainstream these days and so it's great to see parents support kids in things other than the traditional sports. I'm amazed at what most of these kids can do on a wakeboard. Whenever I get the chance to get on the water I give it my best try, but I'm old and definitely don't know how to fly as far as most of these kids do. I'm sure I'll keep trying though until I break bones or come home with a concussion. Yes, I'm pretty sure hitting water at 25 mph can potentially do both of those things.

On a somewhat related note, my friend who owns the boat I went out on last summer sold the boat a few weeks ago. So if any of you have a boat and need another person to come along and make a fool of himself by holding onto a rope while standing on a little board behind the boat then I'm your man. Here is a pic of Will at the competition. He didn't win but we all had a great time. And this white boy got a little much needed sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home