Sunday, July 16, 2006

RECOMMENDATION FROM AN INSOMNIAC


I took a rather long nap in the late afternoon/early evening today so now with only a few hours before I'm suppsed to be up getting ready for work I find myself unable to sleep so I figured I would write a little. I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest a great t.v. show to you. I started watching this show last season when it debuted and now in its second season it is becoming one of my favorite shows. It's on FX and is called "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". It's about 4 people in their late 20's who live in Philadelphia, own/operate a bar, and deal with real issues in the most ridiculous ways possible. Their t.v. spots have been saying critics are making Seinfeld comparisons and although that's pretty lofty company, I can see this being a sort of modern day version of Seinfeld. Like most FX shows, it has a very loose and free flowing production style. I like this and think is a direction most television seems to be heading in the coming years. FX has pioneered many of these types of shows and apparently has the ratings to support this shift in television programming. So anyways, go check out this show. It comes on Thursday nights at 9:00 on FX. If it doesn't make you laugh then I suspect there is something a little wrong with you.

Now I will try this sleep thing again. Hopefully it works better this time. I'm all out of Nyquil which is making this process very difficult. Hopefully I won't have to resort to Scotch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home