Sunday, June 18, 2006

TRYING NOT TO ACT LIKE A SPURS FAN

I can't remember a time recently that I've been this pissed. I hate to make excuses and I for sure hate the complain about the officiating in a basketball game but give me a freakin' break. The Heat shooting close to 4 times more free throws than the Mavericks in game 5 is ludacris. I understand that one team may be attacking the basket more than the other team but there just can't be this type of discrepancy. And then to call a foul with 1.9 seconds for a guy putting his hand on the shooters back is insane. You cannot let the game be decided from the free throw line like that unless it is a totally obvious foul. All that coupled with the Stackhouse suspension which adds fuel to an already furious fire has really gotten me worked up tonight. Now for a little less biased talk. First of all, Dwayne (or however he spells it) Wade is awesome. He has a lot of that Jordan look about him when he gets the ball in his hands. You can bring your best defense but if he's on his game there is little you can do to stop him. Shaq is a joke from the free throw line. Dirk is one of my favorite Mavs players of all time so it kills me that he is really choking on this stage. I know he is playing against tougher defense in Haslem than he has been used to during most of the finals, but if he is going to be the superstar that people claim he is or can be then he has to find a way to get his game on track. He has missed so many open jump shots. And the free throw misses when it was clutch time are inexcusable. Jet Terry has been amazing and I think almost single handedly kept us in this series. If we win the series I think he has to be a serious MVP candidate ... at least based on his performance thus far. I would like to give a huge middle finger to the Dallas media. All I've heard from them up until a few days ago was how the Mavs were going to sweep the series and the Heat didn't have a chance. Were these people not around 2 years ago when the Lakers went up 2-0 on the Pistons only to lose the next 4 games? So guys, give me a break and have a little perspective. Read your classics so you'll understand that hubris is not a good thing for anyone to display after only getting half way to the championship. And all that talk about the parade doesn't help either. So let's welcome our team back to Dallas, rally around them and get the job done on Tuesday night. Until then ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't even know what to say.

Basketball, huh? Michael Jordan, who? Fouls and free throws, say what?

Just wanted to comment.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home