Friday, June 23, 2006

SHERMAN SWAT


So I got to the office really early this morning and as I pulled up into the parking lot it became apparent that I was the first one there. I usually work from home and when I do go to the office I'm for sure never the first one there. So when we had a security system installed several months ago I didn't pay much attention because I figured I'd never have to use it. So today was the day I had to face the security system. I remembered my pass code but wondered if there were other buttons that had to be pressed in addition to the pass code. You see once you open the door you only have a certain amount of time to disarm the system. When that time is up you had better cover your ears because it's going to get loud. I sat in my car for a few minutes listening to the radio, hoping someone else would pull up, but no one showed. So finally I got out, unlocked the door, went in, and heard the system beeping. I go to the key pad and punch in my code. When I do this the beeping stops so I think to myself, "hmmm, that must have disarmed it." Before I could complete that thought the thing started going off. Alarms are not quiet my friends. They hurt your ears. So on top of my ears hurting I was expecting the SWAT team to come flying through the windows at any moment to take me away to jail. I called my boss to tell her what I had done and she laughed at me a lot. I'm glad she thought it was funny though. I've had plenty of bosses who would not have been as amused. She arrived minutes later and sure enough the police showed up just after she did. I was acquitted of any wrongdoing and set free, but not without more laughs from my boss. Everytime someone new came in the office she would laugh and say, "hey, Craig set off the alarm this morning." It made me laugh and was a pretty sweet start to the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home