Wednesday, August 02, 2006

WITH A LITTLE LOVE AND SOME TENDERNESS


Well folks, in 1994 one of the best 3 chord pop rock albums in the history of mankind was released. That's right. I'm talkin' about Hootie and the Blowfish and their album Cracked Rearview. Well, 12 years later I can consider my life complete for having the chance to see these guys live. Talk about surreal. About every 5 minutes I would think to myself, "am I really here?" So last Thursday my friend Ty comes in and tells a group of us that Hootie is playing on Saturday night at Billy Bob's. That's right, Billy Bob's. I had already made plans with Allison so I was hesitant to suggest any change in those plans .... until I turned around to see her face lit up with an uncalculable amount of excitement over the possibility of seeing one of the most popular bands of our high school days. So we met a group of friends at Joe T. Garcia's for food and margaritas and then headed over to Billy Bob's for the show. I've got to be honest with you here ... you really haven't lived until you've been apart of thousands of people singing the following with Hootie.

"So I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded standin' in the rain.
You don't have to call me darlin, darlin'.
You never even call me by my name."

That's living my friends. Not sure exactly what kind of life ... but at Billy Bob's with Hootie ... that's living.

So I learned a few things about myself during the experience. First of all, the margaritas at Joe T's are stronger than one might think. Secondly, I know way to many words to all the songs. And third, my nerdiness apparently knows no bounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oberon said...

......that's not too nerdy....i wouldn't worry.

9:09 PM  
Blogger LukeMiller said...

hootie&b has long been a guilty pleasure of mine.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home