Thursday, December 14, 2006

FANTASY WORLD

I started playing fantasy baseball in 2002. We've kept the same league going since that time and aside from the sports aspect of it, it provides a way to stay in contact with some friends I wouldn't get to see or talk to otherwise. My fantasy baseball league is filled with some of the biggest sports nerds you will ever see. I would trust several of these guys to take GM positions with major league teams and hold their own. My fortune in this fantasy baseball league so far has not been so great though. Lots of finishes somewhere in the 4th through 8th slots.

One year I played fantasy basketball but it sucked so I stopped doing that. This season was my first attempt at fantasy football. I'm in a league with a few guys I know but for the most part I have no idea who the others dudes are I'm playing against. Wasn't sure how I would like it, but it's turning out okay. That could be partially due to the fact that my team is pretty awesome. In fact, I'm writing this post because from now until the end of the Monday night football game will be the most important matchup of my fantasy sports career. I come into the playoffs with my highest ranking of any fantasy sports team I've run. I'm in second place which secured me a first round bye last week so this week I'll be playing in the semifinal round of the playoffs. I've only been in the semis once before and that was on a fluke of an upset several years ago against my roomate Jason in fantasy baseball. I was easily whipped in the semi final round that year and my season was over. This year is a different story. So far it's been a season for the ages for the Helldorado Owens team which is part of the overall TBA Inc. We drafted Ladanian Tomlinson with our first pick and that guy has pretty much carried the team. Not sure if you heard but lastweek he broke the single season touchdown record. That doesn't hurt if he's on your team. Drew Brees was my backup QB and again, not sure if you've noticed, but he's pretty awesome and has permanently taken the job from Brady.

Anyways, all that to say ... root for Helldorado Owens this weekend as we take on Shut up T.O. for our chance at our first championship appearance in team history. It's going to be a great one. Hope you have your tickets because it's not on t.v. You know ... because it's just fantasy football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home