Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Halftime Thoughts

1) That first Texas touchdown was total bull crap. Instant replay has been so great in college football all year but for some reason they didn't even review this play. I partially blame Pete Carroll for not calling time out.

2) Reggie Bush is an idiot. Can anyone say "hubris"? That's the cockiest little bastard I've seen all day long. What was with that lateral? You're the best freakin' player on the field by far. Don't do something stupid like that.

3) Mack Brown is a total douche bag. I can't stand to hear that guy give interviews. It's so obvious he's talking out of his butt. I would hate to have a conversation with him. Luckily for me, he's a successful college football coach and I'm a lowly little salesman so chances are our pathes will not be crossing anytime soon.

4) Finally ... and I don't mean to keep complaining ... but how awful are Keith Jackson and Dan Fouts. Jackson is of course this larger than life announcer that has been around forever but he should really stick with the Gatorade commercials. They totally should have had Tirico and Herbstreit call this game as they did a great job lastnight in Miami. It's almost like Keith Jackson is drunk. After Texas missed an extra point he just said "it's good". I think Fouts has so much respect for him that he didn't even take the time to realize the kick in fact was not good. It was like 5 seconds before he corrected him.

--For all you non sports fans out there I apologize for the content of this post. But I kind of like sports so you'll hear about it from time to time.

oh yeah ...

6) I wasn't for sure who I would root for, if anyone, in this game. I really don't like USC at all but being an Aggie I don't like Texas either. I thought I might end up liking Texas in this game because their from my home state and represent the Big 12, but it turns out I still don't like them. In games like this I always have to wait until the game starts and then see who my first big outburst is in favor of. When Texas fumbled that punt and USC recovered I went crazy ... so it's confirmed. I don't like Texas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

texas would've scored anyway.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home