Sunday, February 12, 2006

Some things I just don't get

What's the deal ... with figure skating? I don't understand why so many people think this is cool and I am more baffled by how it is a popular olympic competition. I think figure skating was originally a competition to see who could skate the best figure 8 in the ice. I may be wrong, but that sounds right. I can understand this as an all-be-it weird, but legitimate competition. But somehow over the years it has turned into people just dancing around on the ice in flashy outfits. Don't even get me started on the guys who participate in this. What a disgrace to their gender. I acknowledge the fact that you have to be in great shape and very skilled at what you do to be a figure skater ... but do we have to act like it's a legitimate competition? Come on people. There are only two reasons I would ever watch figure skating. 1) Michelle Kwan 2) the falls. So I give you a perfect figure skating world in this image.

Another thing in the olympics I have a heard time putting my mind around is the two man luge. I think the regular luge is awesome. There's something really cool about a guy going balls first down an icy track on a small piece of metal at 85 mph. That makes me excited and that I will watch. But take all the above mentioned attributes and add another man with his balls resting just below the first mans head and you can count me out. No thanks. I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home