Thursday, February 09, 2006

Since You Been Gone


I don't get awards shows. I just don't. For some reason E! starts having their red carpet (or in the case of the Grammy's the green carpet) show 3 days in advance. I'm glad they don't have that Joan Rivers anymore but now they have Ryan Seacrest. You see I always thought if you were the person interviewing celebrities and asking about their outfits it was because you were washed up as a celebrity and were just looking for a ticket in the gate. Isn't Ryan Seacrest supposed to be popular? This could be social suicide.

So after the red carpet fiasco you have an award show that lasts for 3 to 4 hours and bores the hell out of everyone watching. Who freakin' cares what the academy thinks is the best soundtrack to a Norwegian documentary. Just flash it across the bottom of the screen. I'm thinking there should be about 6 awards max that are given out.

I caught part of the pre game show with Seacrest yesterday and it was funny to see different people he interviewed. He was talking to Fall Out Boy who was up for new artist of the year. You could tell they felt really out of place ... and they're good musicians who supposedly make good music. How is that possible they could feel out of place at an awards show that is supposed to be for people like them? And then he interviewed Jennifer Love Hewitt who should be ashamed to be seen at a music awards show. But she was totally comfortable hanging out with all the famous people.

I didn't watch the grammy's lastnight. I watch a little show called LOST. Maybe you've heard of it. I did get a phone update from my friend Julie to tell me that Kelly Clarkson had already won one award and it turns out she took home two by the end of the night. I'd like to state for the record that I don't own any of her records and would most likely never go see her in concert. I would however go on a date with her and I think it's cool that she won. So congratulations to Kelly Clarkson and the entire American Idol institution. If making millions and millions of dollars in reality television wasn't enough validation, now you have a winner with a grammy. How about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home