Thursday, January 05, 2006

Postgame Comments

10 thoughts about what transpired lastnight. I'm not going soft here. Just calling it as I see it ...

1) I thought the Penn State/Florida State game the night before was one of the best bowl games I'd seen in a long time. Not anymore.

2) I still hate Mack Brown. I just do. There's no way I can get over it. He just grinds on my nerves everytime he talks.

3) I didn't really root for Texas during the game (you should derive this from the previous post) but after they game and after they way they won I thought to myself ... "that's not my school that just won but I am really happy for those guys. They earned it and they did it with style. I was proud to be from the state of Texas.

4) I can't believe people aren't saying more about the phantom touchdown Texas had. I know most would say they would have scored anyways ... but you never know. Regardless though I think they would have found a way to win. It was like a season of destiny for those guys.

5) Best sign from the game (this in from Jason Petty) "Trojans stop STD's, not Vince TD's"

6) How arrogant is USC? That's totally why they lost. Reggie Bush threw that lateral because he figured even if he fumbled they would still probably hang 70 on Texas and win it going away. Bet he wishes he had that one back.

7) You see the interview with Leinart after the game? Used to like that guy. Still like him, but not as much. He was very ungracious (is that the word) and said he still felt they were the better team. One word Matt .... "Scoreboard!". Personally I think they are the best team on paper, but last I checked they don't play football on paper. Texas had the things you can't qualify on a stat sheet.

8) Vince Young ... please enter the NFL draft. You're killing me and my team.

9) I missed the halftime show. Was it better than Ashley Simpson lastyear? Had to have been.

10) Feel good moment for Texas players ... standing in front of thousands of students and fans throwing the hook 'em in the air singing "til Gabriel blows his horn!" What a way to cap off 4 hours of some of the most intense football this planet has ever seen. So my hat is off and congratulations go out to the Longhorns and the Longhorn faithful ... not the people who went out and bought a UT flag last week to put up on the front of their house. No love for you guys, but to the rest ... what a year! We'll see you the day after Thanksgiving.



Stole this from a girl named Kelly (I think). She probably stole it from someone else.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not one to usually post anything but this was just too much. I don't care if you are just a 2%er or a die hard, you NEVER root for t.u. and NEVER feel "happy for those guys". As an old Ag once said, "Even if Texas were playing N. Korea, you'd have to root for N. Korea". Come on now...

-sara d.

3:53 PM  
Blogger shane said...

halftime show = traditional marching bands. rose bowl doing its best not to compromise...

me and this guy from iowa state were talking how nice it would've been to see the fighting aggie band (or whatever they are called) instead of usc's "best band in the damn universe" and UT's wimpy song...

but, eh, go horns. ;)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home